You can buy specialist cleaning products to clean your ceramic hob but there is an easier solution!
A dirty ceramic hob will prevent the pans sitting flat on the glass surface and the efficiency will suffer. Burnt on stains can also mean that the pans rub the surface of the glass causing damage.
What you need:
- 2 x cleaning cloths
- Bicarbonate of soda
- Spray bottle filled with distilled vinegar
- Ceramic hob scraper
How to clean the ceramic hob:
- Use soapy water a give your hob a quick clean to remove any food debris, grease and watermarks.
- Spray a thin layer of vinegar around the ceramic zones, making sure that burnt on marks are fully covered.
- Sprinkle bicarbonate of soda over the vinegar and this will help to breakdown the stubborn stains
- Leave for 10 minutes then begin to rub newspaper in a circular motion over the stains. Replace the newspaper when it gets too greasy.
- Once you have applied some elbow grease then use a clean cloth to remove the bicarbonate of soda solution
- If stains remain then you may wish to use a ceramic hob scraper to lift the burnt on food debris.
How to prevent ceramic hob stains:
- Don’t overfill your pans with water.
- Use bigger pans with less water in.
- Clean up spills immediately.
- Clean your ceramic hob after every use.