It’s that time of year again…time for a huge spring clean. Well, if you want to do one, anyway – we won’t judge here at My Appliances. But we will make life a little easier for you, by sharing some tips and hints to get things done that bit quicker. If you’re ready, we’ll get going with those spring cleaning hacks:
For a Sparkly Clean Dishwasher
Your dishwasher works hard to keep your dishes clean, but who ensures the dishwasher is sparkly? You do, that’s who. And here’s how to do it:
- Start by emptying it, removing the lower dish rack as far as possible
- Now, locate the drain and clear around it
- You can also remove the filter and give it a good wash at this stage
- Check the spinning arms and, with a paper towel, clear the holes of any food or grime
Now, here’s where the hack comes in:
- Grab some plain white distilled vinegar and put 250ml of it into a container on the dishwasher’s bottom rack
- You’ll want to now pour 100g of baking soda into a small dish, placing it on the top of the rack
- Now, simply run the dishwasher and let the baking soda and vinegar do their thing. The good thing about vinegar is it’s naturally antibacterial, while baking soda will work with the vinegar to give your dishwasher a good clean
- After the machine has run through its usual cycle, keep the door closed for another 15 minutes or so. This will give the dishwasher chance for a good steam clean. You can then simply open the door and wipe the insides down with a sponge.
For a Mirror-Like Shine on Stainless Steel…
Use dish soap and water to clean the surface, drying any wet spots before using a few drops of baby mineral oil. You can apply this to a second cloth to make your appliances shine. If that doesn’t work, consider using WD-40 on your appliance, wiping clean with a soft, dry cloth.
Keep Glasses Clean and Mark-Free
If you’re giving your kitchen cupboards a good clear out, you’ll want to start by cleaning your glasses. To do this, simply use a paper towel and a small amount of vinegar; it’ll see to any cloudy glass and ensure they’re like new again.
For Shiny Hob Rings…
…head to Cleanipedia, which offers loads of household cleaning tips, including these handy hints. That’s right; you can ensure your hob rings are left gleaming when you try this handy little method.
Do you own a magic eraser?
If you don’t know what a magic eraser is, it’s about time you learned! It’s basically a soft, white sponge designed to combat all manner of stains in the home. Use it to clean everything from sinks, toilets, baths and shower curtain liners, and make light work of that big spring clean.
…a big spring clean means a chance to delve into the depths of those cupboards and get rid of anything you’re not using. Say goodbye to old, dusty appliances and hello to beautiful but useful trinkets like vases and other ornaments.
If you aren’t yet following us on social media, now’s the time to do just that. You can find us on Facebook and Twitter – why not pop by and say hello? And don’t forget to keep up with our latest sales and deals here.
Until next time…